21st Annual Cup O’Cheer Homes Tour
Friday, November 18, 2016
Ronald McDonald House Charity organizes a tour of some of the area’s most beautifully-decorated homes in an open-house format from 10:00am to 9:00pm Friday, November 18, 2016.
Tickets are $30 each when purchasing prior to the event, which can be purchased at Ellecor Design and Gifts or online at the Ronald McDonald House of the Ozarks and $35 each when purchased on the day of the event.
Returning again this year, the CUP O’CHEER HOLIDAY TEA & MARKET will feature nearly a dozen home decor and gift shops for an exclusive shopping experience! The event also features a Holiday Tea at The Diamond Room. Ellecor Design and Gifts will be there with Christmas Décor found in the home featured below.
Ellecor Design’s, Haden Long provided their expertise for design and color selections for the home’s interior. The living room and master suite share a stone fireplace which features a painting by local artist, Ursula Wollenberg. This amazing artwork covers the family’s flat-screen television when not in use. Ellecor Design and Gifts will also be decorating this home for the holiday!
‘Tis the season to mix and mingle, Christmas bells will soon jingle.
We would like to invite you to celebrate the season with us while enjoying refreshments, giveaways, and holiday discounts to finish checking off that Christmas list.
Join us for another Parties at the Dark at Farmers Park
October 27th 5 – 8 pm
This party will be full of all things fall and spooky Halloween fun. Come dressed up for our costume contest and meander through our vendors for special treats like caramel apples and creative adult cocktails. Get your face painted, meet Springfield Batman, and stick around for a flash mob! You can also enjoy your favorite pizza from FireLight Pizza Company, while grooving out to Back Road Story. This family friendly and pet friendly event is open to the public!
Stop by Ellecor! We will have a Caramel Apple Bar with a variety of awesome toppings to chose from!
RSVP at Farmers Park Event Page
We are excited to participate in the second annual Art Show at Farmers Park, Saturday, Oct. 15, 9am to 9pm. The Art Show is the perfect place to spend a few hours, enjoy refreshments at the cash bar and hang out with fellow art lovers. You’ll see paintings, art photography, art jewelry, glass work, wood sculpture, metal sculpture, ceramics, printmaking and art furniture.
We will have our favorite local artist, Ursula Wollenburg, at Ellecor Design and Gifts with her art work displayed. Stop by the store while you are out at Farmers Park.
Ellecor Design and Gifts is delighted to be chosen to update this historic Carthage home. Haden knows this house well, being a Carthage native. The Green House was purchased by the McCune Brooks Health Care Foundation this past July thinking of ways to involve the community and bring new travelers to the historical city of Carthage.
Ellecor Design and Gifts will revitalize the upstairs foyer and a bedroom with our signature eclectic style. While protecting the historic character of the home, adding more of a cozy, crisp, eclectic lifestyle to the home. After the showcase in October, and a tentative plan to open the doors again to the community during the Holiday Homes Tour with Carthage Historic Preservation, the foundation’s plan is to re-sell the home in 2017 with proceeds going to MBHF to provide mammograms for area women.
Read Full Article HERE.
Tickets can be purchased at Ellecor Design and Gifts or ONLINE for $8 or at the door for $10. The foundation encourages groups to call ahead. For more information, please call the MBHF at 417-313-5048.
903 S. Main Carthage, MO
The tours will be Oct. 5-23:
Wednesday, Friday, Saturday: 10 a.m.-4 p.m.,
Thursday: 10 a.m.-8 p.m
Sunday: noon-4 p.m.
Thinking about remodeling your home or just a room? Here are a few tips to follow when starting a remodel of any kind.
- Start with your budget.
2. Next prioritize your want list. A simple 1-100 will do.
3. Determine how your budget and priorities mesh. You may be able to get everything, you may not. But having these things in place will help you with the decision making process.
4. Hire an interior designer to help you ensure that everything you love harmonizes in your space. They will simplify your options (wall color, trim profile, trim color, door hardware, cabinet hardware, electrical plan, and the list goes on). The little things make all the difference in the finished product!!
5. With big projects (more than a couple rooms) hire someone to manage the project for you. Professionals have relationships with sub contractors which will save you time and money. Choose wisely. Make sure you trust them to accomplish your vision.
6. Focus on what’s important to you as the homeowner. Things can get crazy during a remodel. Opening a wall can turn into moving plumbing, electrical, or even restructuring/engineering time/costs. You may find that the juice isn’t worth the squeeze. So if you want to freshen up your 1st floor, focus on that. Paint, trim, cabinetry, etc. The icing on the cake, so to speak, may be opening the space.
7. When working on old homes with trim that you like and would like to keep; be sure to save what you can. Most manufacturers have changed profiles, even homes built in the 80’s, making matching your existing trim profile difficult/impossible or at there very least way more costly than you imagined/budgeted.
8. Choose quality finishes. Choose products that you like now (and hopefully in the near future). And, always choose quality products!!! You don’t have to buy the most expensive materials, but the cheapest is usually cheap for a reason.
Don’t forget to enjoy the process. Let’s be honest, living in a construction zone, may not be ideal. It will be messy. It will be loud. It will be stinky. But all your hard work is paying off in the space you’ve always dreamed of. Take a deep breath. It will get done. It will be beautiful.
Ellecor Design and Gifts
Now is the time of year when we get the itch, the itch to get out and enjoy the nice weather. However the warm days are few and far between. Bring a little pop of spring inside your home to cheer yourself up and get through the last weeks of winter. Here are some tips on freshening up for spring.
- Bring in the FLORALS. Try adding some foliage to your decor. A vase with great stems on a coffee table or dining table can really cheer it up.
- Rearrange your furniture, it’s an inexpensive way to change up a room.
- Add some fun, light weight pillows with fresh color.
- Add a coat of paint or wallpaper to an accent wall or powder bath.
- Have fun!!